This blog is my field notes to myself. Little amateur research essays. Most of the content here is of non applaudable little things I enjoy in life. And some very important matters close to my heart – my planet and its sustainability. I am trying to unlearn some habits, live a simpler life, make decisions based on what benefits the planet and hope to change the world in my own way. This is not a fashion blog. Its part style blog and part journal. “If there is a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, you must be the one to write it”, wrote Toni Morrison. Hence I blog. My blog goals :
- Talk about fashion as a craft, not as an bottomless shopping basket.
- Style is not independent of culture. Investigate.
- Personal style triumphs everything else. Filter the noise.
- Magazines are a one-way source of information. They tell, we listen. Blogs should be two way. Promote a discussion.
- Buy less, buy better, make them last. Don’t support the sweatshops.
“Live lighter. Practice being humble and acknowledging not just your limitations but the joy you find in the chance to breathe and be unscripted. Where you don’t tread, don’t produce, don’t speak, beautiful others will appear and teach you something.”
– Krista Trippett.
I am Archana. I am from Hyderabad, India. I moved to America to pursue a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering from Arizona State University. I stayed on to earn a PhD in Computer Science in August 2016. My thesis is aimed at making the world a more accessible place for Individuals with visual impairment using Machine Learning. I was a lecturer in the department for the past few years. I now work for a start up in the Silicon Valley.
DISCLOSURE POLICY: This blog uses affiliate links. Thank you for the support.
CONTACT : firstname.lastname@example.org.